When: 01.10.21 – 21.10.21
21 days online workshop that provides you with the strategic communication tools to sell your work with integrity – and raises your awareness of the psychology of visibility.
“I think the workshop helped me to listen better to myself and see my work more clear. It made me proud of what I do.”
“The workshop made me feel that I am not alone, but most amazing, I find out that some of the things I thought were typical of the precariousness of living in Spain and working in culture were also shared in the rest of the countries. It helped me know more about my real potential and be in peace with it.”
“The workshop gave me attention on my practice and a commitment to think about it – insisting on the value of this commitment.”
“This course was comprehensive and helped me focus more on audience & better communication of artistic deas.”
About the workshop
“Do you sometimes feel invisible? Or feel like hiding from other people’s opinions? You just want to do your work. You LIKE your work – but all the “selling”-stuff is not really you.”
With 20 years of experience in selling, promoting, developing and presenting art Karen Toftegaard has specialized in giving creatives the tools to sell and promote their work with integrity. To embrace the vulnerability in putting your work in the arena. The tools to shine your work.
SHINE YOUR WORK gives you:
- 21 days’ focus on knowing and navigating both concrete communication-tools and handling the inner critical voice finding all the reasons why to avoid other’s attention.
- 15 minutes work every day = manageable in a busy life. The daily focus helps you to create a new habit where it becomes natural for you to sell and promote your work.
- Every day you receive an email with a single task, a worksheet – sometimes a short podcast (you can also download the collection of worksheets in advance when you sign up for the workshop).
- You’ll attend 3 x 75 minutes live workshop on the 06.10 + 13.10 + 20.10 at 4.00pm – 5.15pm CET – including the opportunity to ask questions and learn from concrete cases (these sessions will be recorded and available after the session). Please note that the third workshop will be participants pitching live.
- Celebrational final 30 minutes live session on 21.10 4.00pm – 4.30pm.
- You get access to an online community in a closed facebook-group
- You get access to order the Extraordinary model (including personal sparring).
Early Bird – until 10.09.21: 595 kr. incl. VAT (80 Euro)
Ordinary: 895dkk incl. VAT (120 Euro)
Extraordinary (including 2 x 30 minutes personal sparring with a focus on your work): 2.193dkk incl. VAT ( 295 Euro)
About facilitator Karen Toftegaard
Karen has been a cultural entrepreneur in Copenhagen for 20 years, developing cultural events, festivals and an award-winning outdoor gallery.
In April 2021 she launched the very first Digital First Performing Arts Festival – RE:LOCATIONS in Denmark. Starting out in a municipal culture institution she later moved on to the large theatres Camp X and Republique. Since 2017 Karen Toftegaard has lead the creation of the international days at CPH STAGE, Denmark`s annual festival for performing arts.
Today Karen is the founding director of a PR company and of the production and promotion company WILDTOPIA. In 2018 WILDTOPIA initiated the first Nordic collaboration at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. In 2020 the company produced the DANISH showcase at Edfringe for the Danish Arts Foundation.
Besides her commitment to the performing arts she is a published author of the book “Use Your Creativity” (Brug din kreativitet, 2014) and a certified Shadow Facilitator. With a knowledge of how creatives sometimes struggle to get their messages across, Karen also works as a process facilitator and teacher – privately and in art schools. Currently she is working on the book “The Psychology of Visibility”.