This is the more nerdy stuff…
International live digital performing arts festival happening
- RE:LOCATION SPRING: 21. April – 9. May 2021
- RE:LOCATION FALL: October and November 2021
Co-producing digital live performing arts festival – created directly for a digital platform and audiences at home.
>>> Please note we’re looking for co-production opportunities <<<
This co-producing festival is committed to manifest the digital opportunities of performing arts – as a positive, constructive way of developing the performing arts.
RE:LOCATION is an international digital live performing arts festival – produced and based by WILDTOPIA/Karen Toftegaard in Copenhagen, Denmark. The festival takes to co-producing position and collaborates with both companies as well as other festivals and venues to produce the digital works.
The purpose is to contribute to:
- a change in mindset of how the audiences experience performing arts digitally.
- co-produce/co-develop digital artistic formats with both a high artistic quality and usability (digital user-friendlines)
…while maintaining the LIVE PRESENCE – the strongest quality of performing arts. RE:LOCATION will present different forms of digital live presence.
The festival takes place in circles
BEHIND THE SCREEN – contributing to the industry (primarily: Danish and international industry)
Sharing experiences and insights about working with digital performing arts with the Danish and international industry – both artistically and communication wise.
AUDIENCE PLAY (primarily: Danish and international audiences)
Workshops for audiences – both children and adults
DEVELOPMENT (co-production of works for the digital festival – collaboration between artists, producers and festivalproducer)
Co-producing and sharing experiences
The curatorial lines are:
* REALNESS (the documentary – close by – the current – what we recognizes)
* ENCOUNTERS AT THE END OF THE WORLD (what we donot know, yet – what we don’t understand however feel strangely connected to)
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if any questions or interest in further elaborations.
Contact festival director Karen Toftegaard – karen [at] wildtopia.dk
Credits – behind the screens:
Founded and produced by: Karen Toftegaard / Wildtopia
Production manager: Christina Korsholm Mattson
Works by: Fix&Foxy [DK] and Ontroerend Goed [BE] a.o.
Supported by: The Danish Arts Foundation